How My Death Saved My Life: And Other Stories On My Journey To Wholeness


How My Death Saved My Life: And Other Stories On My Journey To Wholeness, by Denise Linn. ISBN 1401905269. How My Death Saved My Life is the remarkable story of author Denise Linn. In this triumphant autobiography, Denise speaks with a compassionate yet fiery conviction, born of deep pain, as she describes overcoming the horror of an abusive childhood and the terror of being stricken down by a sniper’s bullet. From the mundane to the mystical, follow Denise’s inner and outer journeys as she grows up in various homes from a renovated chicken coop, to abandoned army barracks, to the slums of Chicago, to an Ohio farming community. Travel with her as she is fired on by a plane in Yugoslavia, is tear gassed during antiwar riots, explores the sexual revolution in the ’60s, lives in a Buddhist monastery, and travels to native cultures to become one of the world’s most sought-after speakers and a best-selling author. Thousands of people worldwide have attended her lectures . . . and now, for the first time, they can read the story behind this internationally renowned woman.